Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Customers Sometimes Have 'Private Email Address' When Added to an Organization

Nindito Weda Bagaskara September 27, 2022

Hi - hoping someone can help to shed some light here,

In the 'Customers' page for a service project - sometimes when I'm adding customers by typing in their email addresses, their email addresses would then be shown as 'private email address'.

Shown below:

screenshot1.png

Why is it happening to some customers and not others?

Tickets are still functioning fine so it's not exactly a blocker, but just curious. Ideally I would want all my customers to not have their emails shown like this if possible, since I'm already adding them by emails anyway.

Thanks!

2 answers

4 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi @Nindito Weda Bagaskara 

The users may have set their emails to private within their Atlassian Profiles.

Nindito Weda Bagaskara September 29, 2022

Hi @Tom Lister 

I tried to create a separate Atlassian profile, and followed the steps here to set the email visibility of that new account as 'Only you and admins'.

Using my primary account, I then invited that new account as a new customer to the service project. Oddly enough, the email is still shown despite having set the email visibility as 'Only you and admins'.

screenshot2.png

What am I doing wrong here?

Or is there another way of setting emails as private on the Atlassian profile?

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

Hi

I assume you can see the email as you are an admin. I don't know of any other options to control visibility.

Nindito Weda Bagaskara October 2, 2022

Hmm - if the reason is because I'm an admin, then it's still kind of odd how I can see that email but not the others (example being the private ones I showed in the original post).

I guess I'll dig around some more - thanks for the replies!

0 votes
Asha Goyal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2023

Hello All, 

The reason why those particular users do not show active/inactive status is because they have Atlassian Accounts and are invited to your site by either your site and/or org admin. The status for Atlassian Accounts can be seen in the User management settings, but please note that only site/org admins can access these settings.

Thanks 

Simon Sattes June 28, 2024

Is there a way to display the email addresses by default in such cases? Because of that it also isn't possible to add them automatically to an organization when they register (with the new "Manage email domains" feature in JSM at the Customer list).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events