Where can I find the request type "Onboard new hires"?

Joanne Pandya January 9, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Best practices for IT teams using JIRA Service Desk

We have a JIRA Service Desk cloud instance.  This article refers to pre-loaded request types. Is there a specific request type for onboarding new hires?

image2017-1-9 12:23:0.png

1 answer

2 votes
sirons
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2017

Hey Joanne,

The Onboard new employees request type is under a request type group called Logins and accounts.

Desktop.png

The request types listed in the doc are available with projects created using the IT Service Desk project template. They don't appear in the Basic or Customer service templates. And, they're sort of smashed around in the request type groups.

Seems like the doc mislabeled it as Onboard new hires. I'll sort that. smile

If you still don't see the request types listed, you might have an old version of JIRA Service Desk. It can take a few days for all of Atlassian's Cloud customers to receive updates and the update went out early this week.

An easy way to check if you have the latest (in the context of your question), is to look at the Create Project dialog: Select ProjectsCreate project from the top navigation bar.

Artboard.png

If you see 3 different service desk projects – BasicIT Service Desk, and Customer service – then you should be good to go. If you only see Basic and IT Service Desk, then you have an older version. The older IT Service Desk project template doesn't have all the request types that the new one does.

I hope this helps.

-S

Joanne Pandya January 17, 2017

Thanks @Sam Irons ! 

We have an existing JIRA Service Desk cloud instance, and these templates were added after we started the instance.

I tested creating a new JIRA Service Desk project, which worked and showed me all the other different types of templates.  However, would you know how to add new templates to an existing instance?   I don't see them accessible through our current JIRA Service Desk Instance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events