Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to copy the reporter's name to a linked issue in Jira?

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2020

In JSD, when clicking on 'Create Linked Issue', I'd like to copy the JSD reporter name to the linked Jira issue.

What is the best way to achieve this?

Since 'Create Linked Issue' doesn't have a screen I can edit, I'd like to know what options are available to achieve this.

Thanks!

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2020

Thanks to @jhuynh for assisting with the rule but for those who require further clarification then the Edit issue rule should be like this:

image.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
jhuynh August 19, 2020

@Gil 
I finally figured it out using a Global jira automation rule:
2020-08-19_10-22-59.png

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2020

Cheers! I'll give it a go.

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2020

Wait, what is considered to be the original issue? The current issue or parent issue?

I assume it's not the trigger issue since the trigger is the linking action of the newly generated issue.

image.png

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Group_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2020

Hi @Gil 

Our app Elements Copy & Sync would allow you to do that by creating custom copy settings to copy specific fields, comments, and/or attachments.

The Cloud version is not yet available on the Marketplace, but if you want to be notified when it is, you can sign up here: https://copy-sync-cloud.elements-apps.com/

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2020

Thanks, Laura.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events