Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User is unable to access JIRA Service Desk

Zoelyn Mah July 7, 2020

Admin has given rights to user, however user is still unable to access.

Please assist! I have removed and re-given access a couple of times, tried different email addresses and yet it still does not work.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-03 at 15.19.01.jpegScreenshot_1.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2020

Hi Zoelyn,

I see that you created a support case for this.   Just to recap that case for the sake of others that might have a similar problem:

These users have only a Customer portal account, but not Site accounts, meaning they can access your Customer portal, but not your Jira Service Desk instance. Only licensed Jira users can login to your instance. 

More details on the differences between user account roles in Jira Service Desk: Agents, Customers, and Roles.  These users could still login to the customer portal (the URL for which would likely look something like this $JIRAURL/servicedesk/customer/portal/ ).

Regards,

Andy

Marco Antonio González May 27, 2022

Hi Andy

I have an issue, my customer cannot access to the customer portal. How can grant access him again¡?

image.png

Regards

Like Florian Castellane likes this
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2022

Hi Marco,

In your case, I believe the message translates to

You don't have access to any support projects

Which means the user's account is valid, but does not have access to any of your JSM projects.  I recommend that you try to add them to one or more JSM project in the customer role.  To do this you can follow the steps in Add a customer to a service project. Once that customer has access to at least one JSM portal, then they should be able to create a request when visiting that portal.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events