cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This field type cannot be shown - you must provide a preset value

Oliviu Nita June 9, 2015

Hi,

I'm using JIRA Service Desk.

I have created a JSON Request Custom Field to pull out the user's computer names and IP's (from our AD):

URLhttp://xxx.0.200.78/importip.json
Request TypeGET
JSON Path:$..computer

On the agent side i have the possibility to select the user computer name/ip through the drop down list of the field -> this is awesome (see prtscrn):

computer ip list.jpg

The problem is: when i try to add this field to issues fields (for customers) i got the message:

"This field type cannot be shown - you must provide a preset value" -> not ok for my needs. See screen shot:

Screen Shot 09-06-15 001.JPG

The idea is to give the possibility to users to add/select their Computer name or IP to the issue on the create issue form (via Portal).

The Json custom field is not hidden, is linked to the right Screen of the project.

Any idea? I really need this feature because on our Service desk the IP or computer name are 95% mandatory. We want to push the users to use JIRA and give up to phone calls, for that we need a maximum info's when the user fill the request.

I'm open to others solutions to add this feature, except JIRA Capture... The Environment field build in JIRA do NOTHING smile, i meen we have to fill out manually...

If there is a possibility to get the user environment (OS, IP, browser etc) automatic and insert in the requests THAT will be a best of!

Big thank's in advance smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

An Agent Create a issue -> see the fields available on the Agent side (i have the option to chose the Computer name or IP on the drop down list):

Remember: the Computer and IP fields are my Custom JSON fields.

Screen Shot 12-06-15.JPG

WHEN i try to ADD one or both Fields (Computer and/or IP) on the Issue Fields FOR Customers Portal -> i click on Add Field -> select Computer/IP -> click Apply -> the Field(s) became Hidden with the message: This Type of Field cannot be show. You have to add a preconfigured value. My needs: make this fields VISIBLE for the Portal Customers with the option to chose from. 

If someone who has an idea/solution need more specific info i'm at your service smile.  If not well explained just let me know. 

See print screens:

Screen Shot 12-06-15 001.JPG

Screen Shot 12-06-15 002.JPG

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Scheepers June 14, 2015

In my case where a cloud instance of JIRA and JIRA service desk is used custom fields are added in following way:

1. Go to issue administration
  2. Go to custom fields
  3. Add custom field

I have tested with Checkboxes; Select list (multiple choice); Select list (single choice) and all field types are not visible in JIRA service desk customer portal

Oliviu Nita June 14, 2015

Well, i have to say i do not have any problems with others Customs fields. I have created: Radio buttons, Single choice, Free text etc fields without any problems, all those fields are visible and fully working on the Customer Portal. Only the bloody JSON field and now User Picker are problematic (sourire). I'm not using cloud Jira. Just 2 cents... did you added the fields on your Project? I mean: did you associated the custom field(s) to the right Screens (for your project)?

maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

Hi Mark, Those field types should be working. Can I ask what version of JIRA+JSD you are using? I would definitely suggest raising a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com, so that you can receive support specific to your circumstances and with higher security. Regards Matt JIRA Service Desk developer

0 votes
maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

I think the problem here is that JIRA Service Desk currently only supports a limited subsets of custom fields on the customer portal.

You should add your requirements to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-86  and watch the issue for progress.

For now, would it be possible to get the information you need on the customer portal from a single choice select list?

Oliviu Nita June 11, 2015

Please see the Update. I will add my question to JSD-86, the problem is i could not add screen shots... That: For now, would it be possible to get the information you need on the customer portal from a single choice select list? -> don't understand your question. My JSON custom fields ARE a single choice one's. The problem is i'm not able to make it visible on the Customer Portal. And no, no way to get the information i need (Computer Name or IP). I could add a free text field but this is... not pro (triste) Thank's again for your support.

Mark Scheepers June 11, 2015

Similar to Oliviu Nita's response it is not possible to use a single choice select list in JIRA service desk portal. I have also added this in JSD-86

maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2015

Is the JSON Request Custom Field from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.andreymarkelov.atlas.plugins.requestedfields ? If so, then I believe this custom field would currently not be displayable on the customer portal. However, if you have created a standard Select List (single choice) custom field through JIRA then this should definitely be displayable in the customer portal?

I don't have any plugin installed from Marketplace. The JSON field used is created through the JIRA option: Add Custom Field -> Advanced -> JSON Request Custom Field (with the description: Feed select list option using http via JSON). I have configured the field, it's visible/working how it should be on the Agent back end but NOT visible on/for the Portal customers. If you need more infos, screen shots, i'm all yours :) Thank you a lot for the time spent with my issue.

Me again... Now i have "almost" the same problem with User Picker field :(. I say almost because the field it's visible on the Customer Portal (logged in as simple user) WITHOUT the drop-down list menu -> so no way to chose a user from our AD. I have added this field for the Raise this request on behalf of... option (useful when a user want to create a request for someone else - for his boss for example). The field is not hidden and it's fully functional on the Agent side. If you need screen shots let me know. The time is running fast and i have 10 days left till i have to show the advancement on JSD to my superiors. So please give me a clue. Cheers.

maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2015

It seems that is currently an unsupported custom field. Unfortunately it seems that there is not a viable workaround at the moment, except using a single select list. But thank you for adding your requirement to JSD-86. In regards to the Raise this request on behalf of, that is a security feature. In order for agents to see the drop down user picker, they should have the Browse User global permission. Without this permission they will only see a text box, which if a username is known can be entered. Therefore, I believe you need to add Browse User for those users/groups that are agents, and it will work :) Hope it helps Regards Matt JIRA Service Desk developer

Oliviu Nita June 16, 2015

That answer: In regards to the Raise this request on behalf of, that is a security feature. In order for agents to see the drop down user picker, they should have the Browse User global permission. Without this permission they will only see a text box, which if a username is known can be entered. is just EXCELLENT !!! I have give the Browse Users permission (on the Global Permission) to all users and now the drop down list is available also for the "simple user" on the Customers Portal. The agents, they always have this option. Thank you very much for the solution.

Oliviu Nita June 16, 2015

Me again :) Can i add a small correction to this: <<It seems that is currently an unsupported custom field. Unfortunately it seems that there is not a viable workaround at the moment, except using a single select list. But thank you for adding your requirement to JSD-86.>> Just to be clear -> the JSON field in question IS visible AND work at should be WHEN you have the Agent rights. Like i already said, i cannot make this field visible on the Customer Portal. In the moment when i select/want to Add this field on a issue fields, the field became hidden and the system "force" me to provide a predefined value, well this is dumb because this means all the issues will have the same IP or Computer name. Hope you'ill follow me :) Cheers.

maccamlc_old_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2015

Hi, Yes, I understand. The Customer Portal currently only supports a limited subset of field types that can be displayed in the Agent view (JIRA Issue View). If a field type that it does not support is added, it will instead ask for a preset value as it can't be shown. I would recommend watching JSD-86, as you seem to be doing, for any updates on this issue. Regards Matt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events