Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Comment by email to "Service Desk ticket" Contains garbage

LiorHadar June 17, 2020

I made the settings properly.
After I respond to an email sent via SD, the comment + what was in the email is received

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
LiorHadar June 18, 2020

@Trudy Claspill  Its did not work for me :-(

Do you have some examples? 

Thanks

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2020

Hello Lior,

For our Service Desk email handling we use the Email Handling function associated with Service Desk. It looks like you are using the general purpose email handler for JIRA Software.

Here's the documentation link for the JIRA Service Desk email handler:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/

Additionally, we simply set Strip Quotes to True, and that seems to take care of excluding everything below the "reply above this line" in the email.

LiorHadar June 28, 2020

THANKS

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2020

I found an article for JIRA Server that talks about various methods to strip the original content from a reply:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/remove-previous-content-from-incoming-email-from-jira-server-in-microsoft-outlook-223218415.html

Perhaps one of those methods will work better for you.

LiorHadar June 17, 2020

I use "jira service desk cloud" 

I'll check it out anyway.. 

, thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS