cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes I don't receive notifications about customer comments on the portal

gdwlewis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2020

Occasionally I don't receive a notification to inform me that a customer has added comments to a ticket for which I am the assigned agent.

This only seems to happen when the comment is added via the portal, not when it comes in via email.

2 answers

0 votes
gdwlewis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 2, 2020

The suggestion to look at the Atlassian logs was helpful as I didn't know about them but I'm afraid it didn't help as there was nothing in the logs to indicate any kind of error at the time when the notifications did not arrive.

I am also looking into this with Atlassian support but that's not got very far as yet.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2020

hello @gdwlewis

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, it seems that you are not receiving notifications about some comments when they are entered via customer portal. Is that correct?

I suggest you check the following details:

1 - Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Notification > Check if the "Current assignee" is properly added to the notification:

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 18.51.01.png

2 - Check in the issue where the comment did not notify you if you are added as a request participant. Right now, if an agent is added as a request participant to any issue, he is treated as a customer, so he does not receive internal notifications (see JSDSERVER-3460).

3 - Check if any errors are displaying in your Atlassian.logs around the time the issue was commented and provide it in this community question, properly hiding any sensitive information it might have. You can refer to the documentation below to know how you can collect the mentioned logs:

Logging and profiling  

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events