Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show some issue information automatically on confluence page

Marion Hederer November 5, 2019

Does anyone know an option to show/write specific ticket information (e.g. Summary and Reporter) on a Confluence-Page, that every Confluence-User can see this information even though he/she has no permissions for the jira project these information come from. 

Maybe Script Runner? 

I have just no clue how to bypass the permission topic. 

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2019

Hi @Marion Hederer

As far as I know this isn't possible if the data is related to Jira; the project source would limit users from seeing the issues. The two systems are very interlinked in that way.

I think you'd need to find a way to export the data from Jira to another platform and then visualise it in Confluence (eg. iFrame into Confluence from a website the users have access to).

Given the difficulty - I'd consider whether giving them view access in Jira is an option.

Ste

Marion Hederer November 5, 2019

Thank you @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_

this is kind of an answer I already expected. :/ 

In my opinion I just need to find a way to create an automation saying "if an issue is created, write summary and name of repoerter into table on confluence page." 

Giving them view Access in jira isn't an option unfortunately. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events