Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk notifcations on status change

Katie O'Hern February 7, 2014

Hello -

Is there any way to stop service desk from sending a email every time the status changes? It doesnt seem as though it's really connected to the notification scheme. For example when I delete reporter and watcher the reporter still receives an email. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Julian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2014

Hello Katie,

Have you tried to remove the Recipients of Generic Events on Notifications Scheme that your SDS Project used. If I'm not mistaken that this event that are responsible to sending out notification about status.

Another place to check is the Workflow Post Function of a Transition, which hold the same as the notification which is the Generic Event, you could try to remove it. You may Copy the Workflow first before making any changes and test it out.

Hope this could help.

Regards, Julian.

Katie O'Hern February 9, 2014

I did also find this comment about service desk emails: from here

Pasted from <https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/234734/servicedesk-notifications-confusion>

"Service Desk sends custom email notifications to the reporter of an issue created through the Customer Portal. These notifications are triggered when the issue is created, when the issue is resolved, when another user makes a reporter-visible comment, and when there is a change in 'status name' visible to the reporter through the Portal."

Is it at all possible that service desk emails cannot be adjusted?

Katie O'Hern February 9, 2014

Thanks Julian. Unfortunatlely I had tried both of these measures. I removed all recipients of generic events. On the post functions I am unable to remove the "fire a generic event" function - even though I have copied the workflow. I am able to edit it to another event but not fully delete it. Any other event I choose still fires some event that is denoting the status changed. I have double checked that the scheme is attached to the project. I even changed the fire event post function to equal an event that was inactive and it still sent a notification. Any other thoughts?

Julian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2014

Hi Katie,

I have tried both alternative, but not just one and it seems my mail queue is emtpy everytime I do a transition, except when the assignee change. let me check again.

For workflow, you may have not click the edit link on the workflow or publish the draft, The publish button should be on top when editing workflow.

Katie O'Hern February 10, 2014

The workflow was published and no matter what I do Service desk still sends email. JIRA does not send email but service desk does. Since Service desk suppresses Jira email are you absolutely sure service desk follows the same notification scheme?

What about the fact that I am unable to delete the fire a generic event even when I make a copy of the workflow. Is that how it should act?

I appreciate your help, I'm not trying to be difficult :).

kris March 21, 2014

Katie did you ever resolve this? I have Jira notifications turned off, completely off. And Service Desk is sending notifications to the reporter. My users are very frustrated by these emails.

Andreas Pieber October 31, 2014

Did anybody ever had a solution for this? I've exactly the same problem :-(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events