Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk accounts

Valérie Gerelings November 20, 2023

Dear All, I have noticed that when a client creates an account through our servicedesk, this contact will be put in CRM automatically. However, depending on how the clients fills out the details, it could be that only the email address shows up.

As we want to have all our contacts in the CRM with name, I was trying to change those details, but it shows me an error which means I have no possibility to make any changes to this contact.

Would this have something to do with user rights?

Could you help me on how to change these details?

Hope somebody can help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marc - Devoteam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2023

Hi @Valérie Gerelings 

Are you able to share more context.

Are you using an CRM app in the system, what steps an screens does a user take?

As by default there is not a way to adjust the signup page delivered by Atlassian.

Valérie Gerelings November 23, 2023

We use 'Companies' the CRM system of Jira. When we try to visit the users profile connected to the serirvcedesk, it shows the error as shown in the screenshot i added. It's Dutch but it says "Looks like you took a wrong turn. This user does not exist. Go back to the directory to search for another user". With a button "Back to directory".

If you click on the button it shows you "People and team". Which includes out colleagues and not the clients/users.

The problem is not with the users/clients, but with our team. It is possible for our users/clients to change their name from their account but not for us to edit or even visit the account.Screenshot 2023-11-23 131953.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events