Service Desk Priority field

Hrvoje Dukić December 9, 2014

I know how to add Priority field to SD requests. I would like to know if there is a way to make Priority names different than in JIRA, i.e. have some kind of aliases for values.

For example, I would like priority value 'Highest' to appear as 'Important feature' or some other name, but to still map to 'Highest' in JIRA.

Is this possible? If not, what would be most appropriate workaround?

2 answers

2 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2014

Hi Hrvoje,

I think you can add new priorities as you can see on Defining 'Priority' Field Values.
After that you can restrict the priorities for the SD project. Please check this answer to find out a way to do it.

Hope this works for you.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

1 vote
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

You could use a custom field "customer priority" in SD and change your "internal priority" based on the taken value of "customer priority" within the create transition of your SD.

ScriptRunner could help here with conditional post functions. 

• if CP is "important feature", IP is high. if CP is value , IP is value 2 and so on.

Would not be much work and it's not that complicated.

Set field value to constant or groovy expression is another way.
Set IP priority X if condition Y is met.

Hope this could help.

Greets
Simon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events