Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Webhooks with credentials and certificate for authentication

Cornelius February 1, 2023

Hi everyone,

I want to fetch some additional data from an external API in our Jira Service Management issues. In detail it is about the foreign issue status in the service desk of one of our service providers.

To connect to the service provider API we need to use a client side certificate and the username and password. Is there a way to use the given certificate in Jira cloud?

Or did you know a workaround? Im thinking on a solution with an API gateway to avoid the overhead of an external server which handles API requests to Jira cloud and the SP API.

Thanks a lot for your ideas!

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2023

Hi Neno,

Welcome to Community!

It sounds like Elements Connect could be a good fit for you (FYI, I work for the company behind the app). Elements Connect queries external data, like an API, to display the data in your Jira issues. You'll need to check on the authentication method your API requires (read which ones are currently available), and if you need help, you can contact the Elements support team.

Cornelius February 3, 2023

Hi Laura,

thanks for your reply. I've checked your documentation and recognized that Elements Connect also got no support für mTLS.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events