• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Searching for a Gadget with a Table or Chart to show the sum of a custom field per month Edited

Hi friends of the good gadgets,

Currently I'm searching for a dashboard gadget or chart which can fulfill the following requirement:

- Show a table or chart which displays the sum of 2 custom fields "estimated cost", "effective cost" for a given JQL-Filter on a monthly basis.

Screenshot 2020-07-17 12.07.34.png

I'm open for Apps, however, bigger solutions like EazyBI seem a bit overkill right now.

Thank You!

Lukas

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Solved with Custom Charts for Jira App. Thanks for Support Old Street Solutions!

• 2D table chart 
  • Pie Chart -> Chart by Created + Count = One Time Cost

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 13.08.42.png

Hi Lukas,

I'm pretty sure Custom Charts for Jira Reports is exactly what you're looking for.

Check out the screenshot below of our JSD Dashboard, and the playground link above should give you the ability to see for yourself whether it's what you need!

Hi Chris! I've already opened at ticket at your service desk! 

Could you double-check the requirements I don't see how I can solve this:

• Sum a custom field of type numeric, per month, for a given JQL-filter.
  • Both a chart or a simple table would work

Thanks

Lukas

Hi Lukas,

For your specific requirement, the feature that I think we're missing is the ability to have multiple columns in the same table. We are actively working towards this feature and you can track our progress here: https://ossapps.atlassian.net/browse/TRACC-12

If you're looking to solve this problem today, I would suggest creating two tables, one showing each "Count" metric. You can then group by month using Custom JQL.

Next week we will be releasing a new feature to work with date fields so you won't need to write the JQL for each month.

Dates Field.jpg

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Tom - Custom Charts Product Manager

Hi Chris and Tom!

Thank you so much for the detailed answer! The group by months (chart by -> grouping -> months) is pretty much what was needed. Multiple columns in on chart/table would be amazing!

With this knowledge, I will let the client now assess further if we meet all requirements. 

Greetings

Lukas

Like Tom Harris - Old Street likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

209 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you