cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Access to Request Types

Mathew Lederman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2024

Migrating from Datacenter to Cloud. Need to restrict access to Request Types based on Jira groups.

Currently we use the Request Type visibility function in Extension for Jira Service Management by Diviniti to limit access. However, Diviniti didn't include the same functionality in the Cloud version of the plug-in. On the JSM roadmap I see the functionality may be coming in Q3 however we're migrating now and our entire IT Service Desk for 12k users is built in JSM.

I'm happy to pay for a plug-in that will allow me to do this until Atlassian decides to release the functionality.

We've spent 9 months building our service desk and the foundation for a proper ITSM with assignment groups, workflow/field restrictions to pass compliance/audit requirements, sub-task<>parent automation, etc. So breaking up the project is not a viable option.

Any suggestions/recommendations/options would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christopher Skoropada _Appsvio_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2024

Hi @Mathew Lederman 

You will not find this feature in any app available on the Marketplace because it's technically not doable. Basically, Atlassian doesn't provide API for vendors to hide request types. 

The good news is, Atlassian soon will release this as part of the JSM product. I saw this recently in EAP and all looks promising. 

My recommendation is to wait for Atlassian. 

If you are looking for alternatives or workarounds, you could use banners from Feature Bundle app to inform customers dynamically about request type target audience (I'm from vendor behind this app).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events