Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution field after Resolved status

Alejandra González January 17, 2022

Hi,

I have configured in the transition of each workflow that when the ticket goes to resolved status, the resolution is updated to "done" but I have some problems with some tickets that the resolution stays "unresolved". I have checked the workflow and the post function is set correctly. Do you know what's happening?

Thank you

2 answers

1 vote
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

@Alejandra González 

Were these tickets resolved after this flow configuration was applied?

If they were resolved prior to this setting, you may need to consider upgrading their resolution or making a bullk change.

Also check if there is no automation clearing the value of the "Resolution" field or if there are not two post functions in the transition indicating that: one fills the field and the other clears the same field.

Any questions, let us know :)

The tickets were resolved after the setting and no automation is clearing the resolution cause it will also affects the rest of the tickets

1 vote
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hi @Alejandra González 

The workflow associated for the issue type may be different, you can check this via navigating to project settings tab and then clicking on workflow.

If there are multiple workflow associated for the project, you may need to check for those issue types as well

Check for the issue type and then update the workflow.

Let me know if this is the scenario

Thanks,

Pramodh

I've already checked this .... and everything looks good

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2022

Hi @Alejandra González 

It's unclear what is causing the issue, maybe you can check the post function again whether the order is correct and I have found some community links that may help with troubleshooting, please refer and let me know

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/issue-is-status-done-but-report-is-unresolved/qaq-p/1753194

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Why-does-the-resolution-field-remain-at-quot-unresolved-quot/qaq-p/1373327

Could you please include the screenshots of workflow and post function, so that we can have a look at that may give us the right path for resolving the issue here

Thanks,
Pramodh

There you have both screenshots.

Captura de pantalla 2022-01-17 a las 17.50.04.png

Captura de pantalla 2022-01-17 a las 17.50.17.png

Like Pramodh M likes this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2022

One Confirmation here @Alejandra González 

There are two transitions for Resolved Status

1. Done
  2. Solved ticket

Can you please confirm you have added post functions for both of these transitions?

And are all of the issue types are following this workflow itself?

Alejandra González January 18, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M 

yes, both transitions have the corresponding post function and the issue type experiencing the error is following this workflow.

Alejandra González January 24, 2022

Hi @Pramodh M 

any update?

thank you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS