Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request types via email

Martinho Lourenço April 8, 2019

Hello, 

I need to catalogue the requests that are sent via email. They can be problems, incidents, Service Requests or changes.

For that i'm using the automation for jira plugin, and i'm using rules, based on keywords to change the requests types (see screenshots).

The problem is that when i receive a incoming email request (that needs to be generic like a task or something and can be only of one type)  and change the issue type to the corresponding type ( incident, problem or change) based on the keywords that come in the email subject, i lose the workflows status for that destination request type (screenshot portal and email can be very illustrative about this).

You can notice the highlighted missing fields for that same type of request opened via email (changed issue-type from task to incident via automation rule) and via portal

Can someone help with this? What can be done for not losing those status?

Thanks

Email

email.png

Portal

Portal.png

Email request

2019-04-05_18-25-12.png

Rule from automation that changes the issue type from task to incident (or problem or service request based on keywords)

2019-04-08_10-06-36.png

1 answer

0 votes
Kamil Jakubowski September 25, 2019

I'm only guessing that cause is editing issue type manually without moving it (move action transforms between workflows). So JIRA "looses" statuses workflow for ticket that have been created by email and then edited manually by the plugin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events