Reopen

Deleted user January 21, 2020

Good afternoon,

We use Jira to work on incidents. The incidents enter us by email. If I solve an incident and move it to a completed state, I need that if the client answers me about that email we send, the incident will be reopened. Could it be done?

¡Sorry for my English!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2020

yes. you can simply create an automation for this. you will also need to add a 'reopen' transition and you will want to clear the Resolution via a post function on the reopen transition. There are a lot of posts out there on this topic and there is good Atlassian documentation on how to edit workflows, post functions, automation etc. You might wish to search the docs

Deleted user January 21, 2020

Thanks!

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Hello @[deleted] 

Welcome to the Atlassian community! Glad to have you here.

You can try setting up an automation rule so when customer respond (comment added) it will transition the issue to the status desired. See here for an example.

transition.png

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2020

Like Jack mentioned, its best if you create a transition called reopen, or something similar, and then add the post function to clear the resolution field. Let me know if you need me to translate this as well. :-)

reopen.pngpostfunction.png

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events