Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed user from site access, now unable to make them a customer

Marko Milisavljevic May 3, 2020

I imported tickets from CSV file, and didn't realize this would create Atlassian accounts for reporters who are not already Customers. I removed their Atlassian account from my Jira site access, and added them back as Customer within my project. Things are messed up now:

- this Customer can submit email requests

- When they receive email notification, they can click on the link in it, it asks them to log into my portal, and when they enter their Gmail account, it tells them to use single sign-in, and after they do, it still keeps them not logged in

- In support portal without logging in when they try to submit a ticket by entering their email on the bottom, their email address is rejected with "Current user is not active"

How do I fix this and get these people to just be my normal Customers, and allow them portal access, without their Atlassian account appearing in my user list?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2020

Hello @Marko Milisavljevic ,

Removing the users site access will block the user from being able to log in in any way, including access to the customer portal.   You will want the user to have site access but no access to the individual applications like this:

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 5.30.34 PM.png

And also make sure that the user has been invited to the to the service desk project as a customer as covered in the following KB:

Additional details on the uses account and the site admin functions can be seen in:

With the user granted access to the site but no access to the applications, they should be directed to the customer portal on login.

Regards,
Earl

Marko Milisavljevic May 4, 2020

I want to remove customer from "Users", where they shouldn't be, because I don't want anyone to find them while typing email address in certain places, like invite them to teams or find them on People page. I want them just to be a Jira Service Desk Customer.

I struggled with this a bit, but it was necessary to completely remove the user and add them as customer, and this in the end seemed to allow them to access portal, however, if they also have Atlassian account, the two emails are no longer linked and they must log into the portal with a different password.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events