Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Recent Security Advisory Regarding Jira Service Management

Edited

I don't see this in the mitigation, but removing disabling Insight is also a valid strategy, right?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Oct 21, 2021

Hi @David Yu ,

I've moved your question into its own topic to reduce confusion for folks looking at other questions.

Removing the plugin entirely is a strategy that would mitigate the vulnerability, only if you are on a version of Jira Service Management prior to 4.15.0 when the app became bundled with JSM. Do note we are talking about using the Uninstall action in the plugin manager rather than the Disable action. However, versions of Jira Service Management in which you can uninstall Insight also can be mitigated by upgrading to version 8.9.3 of the Insight app.

Can you confirm which version of Jira Service Management you are running?

Thanks,
Daniel Eads | Atlassian Support

Hi, we are using version 8.20.1. We do not even have a mobile add-on among our add-ons, in this case, do we need to take any precautions? There is quite a bit of confusion when I read the other titles.

thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Improving the Create Issue Experience in Jira Service Management Cloud

Hello everyone!  We are very excited to announce some much needed changes to the issue create experience in JSM (the blue "create" button) at the top of the screen.  We have just starte...

305 views 15 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you