You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I created a company managed Jira project. Everything seems to be working fine with one exception, no ticket will appear in queues for every user. I have checked permissions, reviewed the JQL string, and confirmed there are tickets in an unresolved state. I searched for documentation but everything seems to be related to Jira Server. Not sure what is causing this.
Hello @Timothy Allen
How did you validate that there are unresolved issues that should be displayed?
Resolution is a special field. While the JQL says resolution = Unresolved what it really means is the resolution field is empty, not literally set to "Unresolved".
When you add the Resolution field to the output columns of a filter the field will show Unresolved in italics to indicate that the field is empty and therefore the issue is considered Unresolved.
You can see that in the Filters > View all issues screen also.
If you see non-italicized text there, such as is shown for "Done" and "Duplicate", that means the field has been set to that literal value. Since the field is no longer empty, the issue is considered "Resolved".
You can also look at the Resolved date/timestamp. If that date/timestamp field is filled in, that means the Resolution field has been set to some literal value and has not been cleared/emptied since that time. If the Resolved date/timestamp field is empty, that means that the Resolution field has also been cleared/emptied and the issue is Unresolved.
I see what you mean. At one point I added Resolution to the project but then determined it was not needed and removed it. I don't know if that modified JQL to change the queue parameters when I performed this. I've updated the queues to check the status category and it is functioning as expected.