Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the new user administration

Rosana Casilli April 26, 2024

Good morning all!

I know that the interface is not that new. But everyone has noticed that The jira service management customers are not longer a section in the menu, now it is all included under user section.

While adding a user to a project, I found out that is duplicated (one of the accounts is from customer and the other is for jira software.

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-26 093216.png

When I got this kind of duplicated, in the old view, I navigated to jira service managemnt customer section and migrate the account into a jira account.

Now since we do not have that section, I do not find where I can do that..

In the user administration section although I search for customers it is only showin the user with green icon. 

How can I migrate the user with the gray icon into jira user? or how can I delete that one in order to not find this kind of customers 

Thanks in advance

Ro

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2024

@Rosana Casilli ,

Try to take these steps:

- Go to User Management section

- Click on Products

- Select Service Management product in your left side

- You'll be able to see portal-only-customers

After this you can look for your customer account and migrate for an Atlassian Account or delete her.

Hope this helps you :)

Let me know if you have questions

Rosana Casilli April 29, 2024

Hi Fernando!! good morning!

I have followed that path... but still these users are not shown... and it is anoying to see them duplicated when you are trying to add them to a project.... 

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Ro

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2024

@Rosana Casilli 

Are you using Atlassian Access to connect your AD users to Jira? If you're using Atlassian Access may can be you have the user created inside Jira management and your AD is bringing those same users to Jira interface by connection.

It's really weird this behaviour...

Please, share some screenshots searching for an user and Jira showing your both profiles.

Rosana Casilli April 30, 2024

Hi Fernando! Thanks for your replay..

I am not using atlassian access product.

We use gmail accounts. Before this change, all the customers inside the company that didn't have any internal jira user, I could identify and migrate them when necesary just navigating to the jira service management section in the user administration 

In the first image you can see that I have navigated to Products->Jira service Management

jsm.png

In the second image, I clicked on the link for the group jira-servicemanangement-customers-pmy,  I looked for these specific user, and it is shown there with the icon from gmail, only one user not two.

jsm1.png

I do not have a problem with that. But the issue is that when I tried to added to a project it is suggesting me two different users. This used to happen when  you added the user as customer only, and then you don't migrate that user and create a jira account. This issue was easily solved by navigating to jira service management section under administration and migrating the accoutn t jira account....

So, if you look the following image you will see there are two "Alejadra Puchetta". One "Alejandra Pucheta" and the other "Alejandra Fernandez Pucheta"

jsm2.png

There aren't two much users with this kind of problem (I can count them using only one hand) but it is annoying me.

I hope this can give you a little more detail.

Thanks in advance,

Ro

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2024

@Rosana Casilli ,

Thank you for provided more details about your problem. It seems you really have duplicated accounts for these users, even being a few users looks like you have a customer account in any place in your Jira and an Atlassian account for the same user.

I believe it will be more efficient if you open a ticket for Atlassian Support team following this link: Atlassian Support

As community we can't to take actions inside your jira site.

You can describe the same thing you had described here and inform all users you're having this problem. The atlassian support will help you more efficient ASAP. Probably some actions needed to be taken by you or by Atlassian support team to fix this issue.

I'll keep this discussion open untill you back to us confirming your solution or asking for more informations.

Regards,

Fernando

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events