Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project configuration errors while setting up JSM

Robert Cuyugan February 15, 2024

I am setting up JSM and it keeps popping up configurations errors on what appears to be portal group forms that have been hidden as they're aren't intended to be used but it keeps prompting the error to assign a default assignee. Is this mandatory or can be bypassed?

image (7).png

1 answer

2 votes
Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2024

Hello @Robert Cuyugan

If you don't plan on having the Assignee set to a preset value when its hidden, then you can either unhide that field, or you can just remove Assignee from the Request in general. Either of those options should remove the error message you are seeing.

Hi Bryan, 

Thank you! What's weird is that it is showing Assignee as Hidden but I don't see it being hidden on any associated screen. So not sure where it's pulling that setting from. Additionally, it shows a message that the field cannot be removed from the request when I try to remove that field from the request.

Would it cause problems if I delete those request forms instead from the project instead of hiding them? I am assuming they can be recreated?

Bryan Trummer - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2024

Hi @Robert Cuyugan - Deleting the request forms would not cause any issues, like you mentioned you would have to recreate the request forms again. 

Maybe before deleting the request forms, I would verify that you don't have assignee marked as required on the request form, might also be worth checking that in the field configuration as well.

How can I check if assignee is required on the form? If I look at the Field configuration it's Required only and cannot be changed and it's associated to a bunch of other screens we use. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events