Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority Automation and Editing

Ryan Noel Bouchard June 8, 2018

Hello,

In setting up Jira Service Desk settings, I've found that this documentation has been extremely helpful:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/calculating-priority-automatically-827107708.html

Our desk has used a similar matrix for years, and so the 4x4 style fits perfectly with the documentation's setup, with adjustments of field names/descriptions.

The steps to having a ticket created with the field inputs auto-filling priority is great! 

However, a lot of what we do as a service desk is internal editing, due to external input not being able to cover every single piece of information pertinent to the triage center function we perform. Not to mention overestimated 

We don't necessarily view leaving the fields for customers to fill out up on request forms, but we know that we are going to want to edit them sometimes, and we were hoping, on a coordinator level, that we could make an automation rule based on "issue edited" instead of "issue created." This does not appear to be OOTB, but I'm struggling to find the answer due to my googling/searching skills not jiving with keywords and phrases.  

It would not be a major convenience to have to change one more field (priority) once the 4 others we have are filled out (scope, impact, urgency, and risk of harm), but everything automated is of course easier. The goal is elimination of error by our student base: I.E forgetting to change the priority after the fields, not knowing the matrix to the right levels, etc.) 

Any advise is generously accepted. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2018

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is impossible to catch the Update Issue Event with Service Desk automation rules. You need an add-on for it. For example, Automation Lite for Jira (it is a free add-on). Or you can use the Power Scripts add-on or the ScriptRunner add-on.

Ryan Noel Bouchard June 9, 2018

Thank you Alexey,

my only follow up question would be can this add-on be available with just a Jira Service Desk subscription? We are currently running the demo for Jira Service Desk.

In other words, would we need a subscription to Jira Software to run the add-on?

Thanks

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2018

No, you do not need Jira Software subscription. It will work just fine with Jira Service Desk.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events