Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Request type that sends to external email

Ismael A. Justiniano April 10, 2023

Good day everyone!  New to Jira and actually love it's robustness and versatility.  So here is my question.  We have an msp that handles our tier 1 and 2 issues.  I want to configure a request type, when the "submit" button is hit, emails to the MSP's email address that makes a ticket on their end without making one on our end.  I've looked at automation and a few other things, but being that i'm new and i'm trying to make this a quick turn around i've decided to come to the community. 

Thanks!

Ismael

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2023

Hi @Ismael A. Justiniano,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can do this with automation, all you would need is one that checks when the request is created what request type it is and if it is, lets say, external then send an email with all the information to your msp, and then delete the request. Something like this would do it:

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 1.47.05 PM.png 

Ismael A. Justiniano April 11, 2023

My request type condition isn't showing... how would I make that available?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

Is the request type the last one you created? Automation does sometimes have an issue seeing that last created request type, you could create a new one or use a JQL condition instead which would look something like this:

"Request Type" = "My request type"

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events