Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Office Implentation for Approver without JSD Licence

Florian December 13, 2018

Hi,

here'S Florian. Somebody a resolution for following usecase?

We have a workflow with approval. The Approver is only a customer, not an Agent, so the approval has to been made in the notification mail or the customer portal.

We need a feature or an AddOn where the customer can set an out of office message for the Service Desk Users.

Unfortunatly it seems not to be possible in the AddOn "Out of Office Assistant" from "Akeles Consulting". I think it is only for Agents with JSD Licence.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2018

Hi Florian,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
Currently, there is no feature on Jira where it can check if a customer is available or unavailable, so the only option is to always let more than one approver or whenever an approver is out, change it to another customer to approve.
I've checked the add-on "Out of Office Assistant" but it's only to change the assignee and not the approver.
Also, I've searched add-ons and some workaround, but there is nothing that can help us make this configuration.
Please, feel free to raise a feature on https://jira.atlassian.com suggesting this ability, then you can add more details about why is this important.

Regards,
Angélica

Florian January 4, 2019

Thank you Angelica for your answer.

Regards 

Florian

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2019

You are always welcome Florian!

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Jonathan November 3, 2020

We would also need this. Always setting more than one approver is not very practical because both get the notification and work is unnecessarily spread to more people than it should.

Approvers should be able to set an out of office status and pick another user that should get their approvals in the meantime

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events