cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple project with different Email

Lookman Alaka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 10, 2024

We have Project for each department like Tech support, Marketing, accounting. How can I create email for each department so when the client send email request it will go to the appropriate department rather than general email box.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2024

Hi, @Lookman Alaka. And welcome to the community  đź‘‹

This should be interesting. You may get a lot of opinions on this.

First, IMHO, support via email is not the way to go with JSM. That's because JSM only allows you to have two inbound email addresses (the default one and one custom one). That's usually not enough. But there's a workaround (more below).

What I recommend instead is one customer support portal. Here's an example:

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 3.48.44 PM.png

Then, set up a separate JSM project for each department that receives and responds to requests (each item on the pull-down menu).

Although it's one help portal from the customer perspective, you can set it up as Atlassian does—one choice for each of the departments (projects) they may care about.

Feel free to have many JSM projects if different teams are supporting them.  Each team = a project. 

IMHO, this is the modern best practice for customer support (vs. email).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you must use email, you can still use this approach and/or both. You'll have to work with your IT team to set up email aliases that all route to the same inbox, ingest them in JSM, and deposit them in the right project/queue with Jira Automation rules.

IMO though, you're better off if you ask your customer to remember just one method — the support portal method. There is a much lower risk of things falling through the cracks due to lost email / things going to spam, etc.

Hope this helps,

-dave

Lookman Alaka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 10, 2024

Thank you Dave Rosenlund. I will look into your suggestion

Like • Dave Rosenlund likes this
Tenzing Doleck May 30, 2024

What jira automation rules do you suggest?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events