Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple notifications

Mario Coluzzi July 21, 2022

Hello Community,

I have a question to which someone I hope will have a solution or advice.

- A Jira Service Desk needs to create a series of SubTasks via automation once it is submitted = this works fine.

- The reporter receives the notification of the main Jira Desk submitted, which is great. They also receive notifications (yes plural) for all and each SubTasks automatically created and this is not good.

How to avoid that?

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2022

Hi @Mario Coluzzi

while the setup is not fully clear to me and I hope other users will chime in the first question that comes to mind is if in "Notification Scheme" the "reporter" could be listed for the "Issue created" event?
The behaviour of that setting comes close to what you are observing so it could make sense to check that first.

If that is not the case could you please be a bit more elaborate on what is configured on your end currently in terms of Automation rules and Notification schemes? Also the settings for notifications in Jira Service Management could be of interest then.

Regards,
Daniel

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2022

I second Daniel's thought:

if in "Notification Scheme" the "reporter" could be listed for the "Issue created" event

This is the first place I would check too.

0 votes
Safari mutua December 2, 2022

Yes, it's clear and brief 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events