Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing labels "Request participants" and "Organizations" in issue details screen.

Emar van Beemen July 17, 2019

Hello All,

I've just started implementing Jira Service desk and I'm noticing a bug or at least I suspect it is. It seems the "Request participants" and "Organizations" labels are missing in the issue detail screen. Instead I'm seeing "sd.request.participants.field.name:" and "sd.customer.organisations.field.name:". The fields are protected so I can't edit them myself. Is this perhaps a known issue and is there a fix? I'm currently on the last version (Jira SD 4.2.3 x64 and Jira core 8.2.3 x64)

I hope the info I've provided is sufficient for anyone to help me with this matter.

Kind regards,

Emar

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Hi Emar,

Sorry this post never got a response until now.  Several months of waiting for a problem like this is unacceptable.  But I wanted to clarify the problem and the solution here.  What you were seeing here was indeed a bug introduced into Jira 8.2.0 and Service Desk 4.2.0 versions.  This bug is detailed into JSDSERVER-6396.  The good news is that there is a fix for this now in all versions of Jira 8.3.1 and Service Desk 4.3.1 and higher.

Some plugins, like Service Desk, could still have custom fields that are not translated correctly even after you have upgraded to a newer version that contains the fix.  Atlassian support created a helpful KB to address this in Custom field names shows message keys instead of values - JRASERVER-69388.  There are steps you can take in order to force the upgrade task to run again if the upgrade itself does not correct this problem outright.

I hope this helps anyone that might come across this topic as well.

Regards,

Andy

Emar van Beemen December 3, 2019

Hi Andy,

No worries. The issue isn't insurmountable, it's just esthetic.

Good to hear there is a fix available. I'll go and update the application and hopefully it'll solve the issue.

Kind regards,

Emar van Beemen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events