Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration server to cloud - are translations of Jira settings migrated via Jira Cloud site import?

Bojana June 12, 2020

Hi Community,

What will be carried over related to already translated settings if we use Jira Cloud site import (which uses Server xml backup) to migrate from Jira server to Jira cloud? Will in that case translations of issue types, statuses, resolutions, etc. be migrated? Or we need to re-add translations?

Thanks in advance! :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bojana August 6, 2020

Have got an answer from Atlassian Migration Support - At present, we do not support custom language translation in xml backup yet. They will have to be re-done in the new environment. 

//Bojana

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2020

Thanks for the update @Bojana 

Like Bojana likes this
1 vote
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2020

Hey Bojana,

I would assume it would migrate the translations if you are doing a full xml backup import, but according to this KB if you are using "cloud migration assistant" the "Custom field language translations" for project setup isn't migrated. I don't see any documentation mentioning about your above requirement, so I would test it out and verify before doing a migration or open a ticket with migration support team. 

Here is a good server - cloud migration resource

Thanks,
Sachin.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events