Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing users on free licence

VACH SITC August 7, 2020

Hi,

I have a question, regarding the free version of Jira Service Desk Cloud.

I have an experience with Server and I know how to manage users there, however that is not the case with Cloud. The free version has up to 3 licences for admin/user and unlimited of customers as I saw. So my question is how can I add customers to the Cloud without breaching the 3 licence limit? 

Also as I see you can only invite people to the instance and not directly create them, as on Server. Is there a way to directly create non-licence people and then add them as customers to the Service Desk, as can be done on Server?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Hi @VACH SITC 

You can invite customers to Jira Service Desk Classic Projects at a project-level - see these instructions on how to complete this.

For Next-Gen, I believe there is a "Customers" page where you invite users from.

In regards to creation vs invites - this answer has a great explanation as to why it is designed this way and your options.

Ste

VACH SITC August 7, 2020

Hi Stephen,

Thanks I will get into that.

Like Ste Wright likes this
0 votes
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Welcome to the Community, Vach! 

On the Free version of Service Desk, the 1-3 license limit refers to service desk agents - users who will be working in Jira and triaging submitted tickets. Customers are not considered licensed users, and are unlimited even on the Free version.

'

2020-08-07 11_08_08-Pricing - Jira Service Desk _ Atlassian.png

As for adding customers, there is an option to create accounts, but it's set at the site level, not project level, so it will affect all service desk projects in your instance. Unlike project settings, changing this setting requires a Jira admin, not just a project admin.

2020-08-07 11_21_34-Jira Service Desk configuration - Jira Staging.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events