Client is considering moving from another product to JSD. Challenge featured here is managing customer ABC's clients (groups Client1(User a, b, c, d), Client2, C..3, C..4, C..5 etc) users. I will not name the product but smart people will be able to derive it from the question.
- Jira Service Desk issues should only be available to Agents in the Jira environment - no group C1 users should be able to access Jira itself;
- Group C1, C2 client users etc should be able to access the portal and also use it has a customer service management portal;
- Requests may trigger additional tickets and/or subtasks within Jira that should not show up in the Portal.
Currently they are using an ADFS type of solution where clients are connected and the group C1/C2 users have SSO to access the portal.
Considering the large number of clients with groups of C1/C2 users managing access is complicated when done by the customer ABC itself.
- When using SAML/ADFS within Jira this applies to Jira users and would require user licenses, of which the number cannot be controlled by the customer ABC organisation;
- When using Customers within JSD, I have not seen the option of using SAML to configure customers other than as Jira users;
As far as I know the other Service currently product support a way of managing the groups C1/C2 and the users within the client groups through ADFS.
What would be the best solution for Jira that is the least time and/or licence consuming?
Keeping in mind that licences are required when using the system off course.
Hello Community! Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events