Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Handlers - gmail unlabelled messages

Jon_Woschanko October 29, 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to set up mail handlers that will auto-assign a created issue to a specific project based on a label in GMail.

Right now I have two handlers set up - a General handler that will automatically create an issue in a "generic" catch-all project called GENERAL, which has no folder filter.

The second handler has a folder filter called PROJECTNAME, which will create the issue under PROJECTNAME, if the e-mail is labelled under PROJECTNAME (done using a rule in gmail that auto-labels the message if projectname appears in the subject line).

This seems to work correctly. However, e-mails labelled with PROJECTNAME are being caught by both mail handlers.

Is there a way I can set up the GENERAL mail handler to only pull messages without labels, instead of the entire inbox?

2 answers

0 votes
Nicola Barton June 22, 2016

Hi @Jon Woschanko - did you find a way to resolve this? I'm also looking to do this.

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2013

Jon,

Since labels are considered folders in the IMAP protocol, you can probably modify your handler configuration to only catch mails from an specific Label / Folder.

Jon_Woschanko November 6, 2013

I already have that part set up; the label

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events