Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listener to update custom field with Request Participants

alexander_cartlidge February 25, 2020

Dear All,

I'm probably going over old ground with this issue. I need a listener that will update a custom field with the request participants values.  I've trolled through countless articles but I haven't come across a solution. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Hello @alexander_cartlidge 

I think this is a pretty easy task if you have the plugin automation for jira. They way I would set it up would be to listen to a field value changed (the request participant field) and then edit the issue to set your custom field (I assume your user picker field) with the same value as the request participant field. I will attach two screenshots with my idea. If you don't have any plugins I am afraid that I probably cannot help you.

image.pngimage.png

(Just replace "Approvers" with your custom field)

I hope that this answer solves your issue! :-)

Best regards,

Alexander

alexander_cartlidge February 25, 2020

Hi Alexander,

That would be great. But unfortunately we don't have the automation plugin in our Jira Service Desk. At the moment my options are rather limited. We have Adaptavist script runner. Hence my thoughts toward a listener. Thank you anyway.

Kind Regards

Alex.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events