Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep links into mail-created ticket on jira cloud

Deleted user March 12, 2019

Hello,

when tickets are created from mail thanks to mail handler, all the structure of mail is lost. 

More problematic the links are also fully removed. 

Is there any way to keep the links ?

regards,

3 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2019

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the information and sorry for the misunderstanding.
In this case, Business and Software projects don't have the HTML parsing option, so we have a feature request suggesting to improve this for this type of project:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-10827
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Deleted user March 14, 2019

Hello,

see below screenshot of mail result in outlook, and result in jira. (text of mail is not the same here, but obviously it is same structure for all) 

I use a custom email which read IMAP folders. 

thx for any help!

Screenshot from 2019-03-14 09-29-44.pngScreenshot from 2019-03-14 09-42-47.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2019

There are some configurations that may cause this issue, please check the settings below:

- HTML email parsing
Go to Jira settings > Products > Email requests > Enable HTML email parsing.

- Wiki markup renderer
Go to Project settings > Fields > Screenshot 2019-01-31_10-36-47.png > Search for the description field > Renderers > Check if the renderer is set to "Wiki Style Renderer".

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user March 19, 2019

Hi, 

the wiki style rendered is well set on the projects yes. 

However, I don't have any HTML email parsing options. 

When I go into Jira settings / Products I don't have any items "Emails requests". (only a Product access which doesn"t help either).

regards

Deleted user March 21, 2019

no ideas? how get this param "Enable HTML email parsing" ??

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2019

Hi Thomas,

If you are only seeing the option Product access, maybe you are only a site-admin and not an administrator of the instance. Can you please go to Site Administration and add the group administrators on your profile?
Also, just to make sure that we are on the same page, are you facing this issue on ticket created on a Jira Service Desk project?

Regards,
Angélica

Deleted user March 21, 2019

Ahhh no. I have the standard Jira, not the service desk one.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2019

Hi Thomas and welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, would it be possible to send us a screenshot of how the description is appearing when it's opened through the email channel? If possible send a test email to create a ticket that doesn't show any private information, so you can send us a screenshot of the ticket and also from the email for us to understand how the email looks like and what is the result on the ticket.
Are you using a custom email address or the email generated by Jira?

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events