Jira Service Desk and "time in status" feature

Petr Lazovic December 2, 2014

Hi,

Just started getting into JIRA Service Desk plugin.
Does JSD provide a "time in status" feature or similar to Time In Source Status as by jira-suite-utilities plugin ?
I hoped to find it but looks like it's not presented. I need reports on time in status.

JIRA: 6.3.10
JSD: 2.1

Fenks 

2 answers

0 votes
Charles Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2014

Petr, JIRA has a gadget for helping to determine Average Time in Status. You can set this for a project or run off of a specific filter. You can also choose the statuses to include. This can be very valuable and allow you to use broad or fine parameters.

image2014-12-5 8:57:43.png

Petr Lazovic December 8, 2014

Hi, Charles When I pressed one of those big red square chart dots, I found out that the result was based on the following JQL request: updated >= "year-mm-dd hh:mm" AND updated <= "year-mm-dd hh:mm" Is it OK that the core operator here is ''updated'' ? Because if someone makes a comment, edits spelling or just create an attachment to already resolved issue, the system regards this as an action ''UPDATE'' and this issue disappears from the JQL results and the chart. Please correct me if I'm wrong

*disappears from the JQL results and the chart. Sorry, not from the chart but the place in the chart is different

0 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Hey there,

JSD comes with ServiceLevelAgreements - SLAs. You can configure them to your needs and also show the Time in status per issue. You can also filter your SLAs and make reports out of them.

Hope this can help.

Greets
Simon 

Petr Lazovic December 3, 2014

Thanx a lot, Simon You wrote: and also show the Time in status per issue I just cannot find it in JSD docks. Maybe you can paste a link here. Cheers.

Petr Lazovic December 3, 2014

Do you mean SLA metrics and Goals?

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2014

Yes that's exactly what I mean - sorry that I didn't call it the right name here. :) Set up a SLA for each status swap to filter them. you can also filter Time to resolution and set them in Agile Boards f.e. as swimlanes to track the more critical tasks for a team.

Petr Lazovic December 4, 2014

Simon I need a searchable custom field that would store the exact information on how long my issue spent in OPEN, IN PROGRESS....statuses without calculating remaining/spent against Goal. Does JSD provide such an opportunity? tnx

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2014

No - you have to set a JQL filter to get this. you just have a view of goal and remaining in the issue detail view without doing anything but configuration. :-(

Simon, JQL is based on operators. I know a lot of default ones, but has JSD plugin brought anything new, concerning time in status in particular? tnx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events