Jira Service Desk Creating Drop Downs with routing rules for Operational and Product Categories

Winslow Crockwell October 22, 2019

Hi to All, I am new to Jira and am working to stand up Jira Service Desk for my Org. I have a question regarding the Product categorization and the Organizational categorization, specifically, how can I edit the predefined lists that came with my project template? And, can I create routing rules based on the categories and sub-categories that are selected from the drop down. I'd like to use one template for multiple departmental requests including requests that go to IT, Auditing, and Accounting, and I'd like the routing rules to be a function of the categories that are selected. Any help would be appreciated. 

2 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

@Winslow Crockwell Hi, Winslow! Welcome to the Community. 😎 I'll move this question to the Jira Service Desk collection, so that you can get the best possible answers.

Like Winslow Crockwell likes this
Winslow Crockwell October 23, 2019

Thank-you! Much appreciated! 

Aaron Geister
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

My first question might seem silly, but did you stand up a cloud version or a server instance?

If you want to edit your list or drop downs that would be done in the Jira side under; Jira>Issue>Fields> then you can select either custom field or field configurations. I would look to see if that field is in Custom Fields> then select the 3 dots on the right hand side that goes to the custom field you want to change the list then hit configure. It will take you to that custom field configurations and you should see if its a drop down list EDIT OPTIONS. you select that and add your entries. 

As for you last question this is dependent on how you set up your instance. Who are agents and who are not. Agents can modify tickets and non agents can only view and add comments. I am confused about the routing rules! Hope this helps some. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events