Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSM Project Forms

Jakob Hernandez November 8, 2023

Backlog of issues in a project were created with a form that attached to the ticket. Currently, that form is outdated and isn't capturing all the data that is required for the issue. It's requiring manually deleting the forms on each individual ticket (automation can attach the new form to every ticket and the fields will transpose to the updated form) but curious how to create an automation in Jira project settings to get the form to delete on all tickets first if the same form isn't able to added twice. 

1 answer

1 vote
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2023

Hi @Jakob Hernandez , thanks for your question.

You can use an automation, yes, to delete the obsolete forms attached to the tickets.

image.png

My question is, how are you creating the tickets now? If you are using the portal, you can personalize the Request type forms or use custom Forms in the JSM project to ask for exactly the information you want, or are you not using the portal for this project?

Jakob Hernandez November 9, 2023

Hi Valerie - that's correct the forms are able to be personalized and attached to the request view for the request type when customers are on the portal.  My previous sentiment was in reference to having an automation that attaches the form whenever tickets are created via Atlassian's add-ons with other tools and not from the JSM project portal. So, these tickets wouldn't be coming from the portal originally but the users submitting the request can follow up in the portal viewing personalized form.

I'll check your solution to use the Deleted attachments in the automation! Thanks!  

Like Valerie Knapp likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events