Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA ServiceDesk implementation queries

Cullen Tillotson August 25, 2015

Hi,

I am looking at Service Desk to replace SalesForce as the front-line tool for our support engineers facing the customers; we have JIRA in our development / engineering team already and want to drive better integration between our Support and Engineering teams.

How can we:

1) Check that our customers have a current support entitlement? Currently we have to check this in SalesForce

2) Ensure that only named contacts from customers / partners can log tickets? Again, currently do this in SalesForce

3) Provide known information (configuration, etc...) about our customers to Service Desk support engineers as a call is made

I'm sure I will have many other questions as we go further into pilot phase.

Thanks

Cullen

2 answers

1 vote
Cullen Tillotson August 25, 2015

Hi Benito,

Thanks for the quick answers, but I think I wasn't quite clear in what I was asking for. We're not looking to use ServiceDesk to support trouble tickets logged by our internal users, but external customers. 

We are a software defined storage company that sells support contracts to our customers as part of their overall product purchase; this support has different types (9-5 US hours, 9-5 EMEA hours, 24x7). We need to be able to ensue that when an end customer calls in, our internal support engineers can ensure the end customer is covered by a support contract that they purchase at the same time as they buy the product and it is installed. Right now we use SalesForce as our incident management system, which has direct links to the support contract so the engineers can check easily if they customer is covered. An example use case is that if a customer who has 9-5 EMEA support calls in after hours, we need to be able to tell them to call back during business hours as they're not supported out of hours.

We also keep a list of authorised people from our end customers who can log service tickets; this is tied into a training platform to ensure that those opening support tickets are trained appropriately in the basics to reduce the number of incidents we get in.

Finally, to enable our internal support engineers in triaging issues, we'd also like to keep a record of the end customer's configuration (version number, product type, install base, hypervisor type, storage volume type, backing storage type, etc...).

The perfect use case for us is: when end user Joe Blogs (who is an engineer at Company A) calls us with a problem on one of our products, one of our support agents would be able to see quickly that:

1) Joe is an authorised user,

2) Company A has a valid and in-force support contract, and

3) Company A has installed version X of Product A and how that product is installed and configured.

The pages you sent don't really answer my questions but hopefully my explanation above makes more sense?

Many thanks

Cullen

Timani_Tunduwani April 7, 2017

+1 to feature request as described by Cullen.

It's important for us to ensure a customer is entitled to Support prior to engaging. A way to easily validate entitlement would be a big plus. 

Would some form of Salesforce, Licensing or 3rd party integration solve this? If so a guide would be helpful

Vasanti Desai September 19, 2017

We are also looking for this feature. Is there any solution for this?

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2015

Hello Cullen,

Let me try to assist you:

1) As per this page, you can either check this via the Administration section in JIRA (Administration > System > License) or through the My Atlassian website (https://my.atlassian.com).

2) This can be configured using JIRA Service Desk permissions. Please take a look at what each role can perform.

3) Not sure which configuration information you are talking about. Maybe notifications of changes to cases? If so, please take a look at this page.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events