Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Service desk portal customer view

Anu Anirudhan September 29, 2022

Hi Team,

We have recently set up a JIRA service desk for our internal users. We want to enable the users or reporters to see the tickets of other members in their team by going to the portal.

Atlassian support comment;

In the customer portal, the created by anyone filter is only populated with tickets from other users that are in the same organization that you. 

As per the below articles, we created an organization and added some customers to that organization.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-an-organization-to-a-service-project/

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-a-customer-to-an-organization/

These customers are still unable to see their team members  if they go to the portal and select the ticket created as anyone.

Please advise how can we troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks

Anu

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2022

Hi @Anu Anirudhan and welcome to the community,

For each of the request you have created you have to share it with the organization you created. E.g. go to an issue and add as request participant the name of the organization (you probably can bulk change them as well).

In addition to the above you have to change a tiny setting found here: https://YOURDOMAIN.atlassian.net/jira/settings/products/jira-service-management-configuration

Should new requests automatically be shared with a customer's organization?

Yes, automatically share email requests with the customer's organization. Requests sent from the portal will also be shared unless the customer selects otherwise

Do the above and you should be good to go. Let me know if that resolved your issue.

Anu Anirudhan September 29, 2022

Thank you @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

Is there an option for me to apply automation to share with the organization by default when a member of the team creates a request. 

P.S# I am not able to access the link you sent me, 

JIRA link.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

@Anu Anirudhan in the link I've sent you you actually have to replace the word "yourdomain" with eer... your domain. :/

Yes there is a configuration to share it with their organization, but they can always change it to keep in private. It's on the same link I've sent you.

Should new requests automatically be shared with a customer's organization?
Yes, automatically share email requests with the customer's organization. Requests sent from the portal will also be shared unless the customer selects otherwise
No, don't share email requests with the customer's organization. Requests sent from the portal will not be shared unless the customer selects otherwise
Anu Anirudhan October 2, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , 

Thank you for quick response.

Is there an option to associate all the existing tickets to an organization?

We do have some existing tickets that were created before the organization was enabled.

As a JIRA admin, is there any options for me to go to the tickets and add an organization to a ticket. That option is not showing up  when I click on "organization" field at the moment.

org.PNG

I have managed to manually add the organization field in the existing tickets, one by one

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

@Anu Anirudhan sorry for the late reply. I can see that you have manually entered the organizations one-by-one and I wasn't able to reply to you with a better solution :/

There was a way to bulk change the organizations. For the next time that you will be wanting to do that:

• GO to advanced search
  • Search for all issues you want to place them under a specific organization
  • Bulk change them
  • Edit issues
  • Locatte the "Change Organization" option and place the correct one
  • Uncheck the "send mail for this update" if you don't want to spam people
  • Click next and follow next steps
Like Anu Anirudhan likes this
Anu Anirudhan October 3, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders