Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Insight JSON import - How do you refer to the body / header of the JSON in the Selector field

Hi,

I'm struggling with the JSON import to Insight as the JSON I'm working with doesn't have an array for the header (the top level of the JSON). It looks something like this:

{
"attribute1" : "value1",
"attribute2" : "value2",
"attribute3" : "value3",
"attribute4" : "value4",
"attribute5" : {
"attribute6" : "value6",
"attribute7" : "value7",
"attribute8" : "value8" }
}

Well, the JSON import forces me to include a value in the Selector field, as the field is mandatory.

In the case of the JSON above, a valid selector would be "attribute5", which would allow me to get the values for attributes 6, 7 and 8. But not the values of attributes 1,2, 3 or 4.

So, what is the way of referring in the Selector field of the header (top level of the JSON) so that the importer allows to get the entirety of the JSON in this case?

1 answer

Hi,

You are required to have an array in the JSON file. Otherwise the import is quite useless :)

If you don't have a selector name for the first level in the JSON file you can set a dot (.) in the Selector field of the mapping configuration.

Björn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Next level incident management in Jira Service Management

Hello Atlassian Community! We’re thrilled to announce some exciting changes to incident management in Jira Service Management Cloud, in order to give your teams extra muscle during incidents, and ...

1,735 views 21 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you