Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Insight Custom field as trigger in Dynamic Forms (Extension for Jira Servicedesk)

Michael Brus March 19, 2020

Dear all

I have a question and wanted to hear if any has a good idea or two for a solution.

I have a Insight Custom Field which I want to use as trigger in Dynamic Forms. According to Deviniti Insight Custom fields cant only be used as Related field. But I have a setup in insight where dynamic forms will help me alot. If not I have to maintain a select list or similar and move data.

Anyone has any ideas?

Regards

Michael

2 answers

0 votes
Johannes Rudolf December 15, 2020

Hello,

@Marco Brundel,

to my understanding the question is whether or not an Insight field can be used as a trigger field to which other fields would have a dependent relation. For instance depending on a selection from an Insight field other fields would appear on issue form.

However according to the manual it is not possible to place an Insight field as the trigger field but only as depending/related field.

Besides, I had to experience some similar things with "Email this Issue" (JETI) where we cannot use Insight fields or attributes as a mail recipient determination for JETI post function (Insight mail post function only did half the job). So we had to use Insight post function to copy an Insight field value to Jira text field and to use the text field for JETI mail post function instead.

Sorry @Michael Brus that I could not help but maybe this lets you think into another direction? ;-)

Cheers,

Johannes

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2020

Hi, is the information on this page useful to you?

https://deviniti.com/support/addon/server/dynamic-forms/latest/faq/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events