Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to translate the drop down menu

Sercan Yazici October 3, 2022

I need to translate the drop down list from Dutch to English. Where can I find the configuration for the drop down translation exactly?

question_translation.png

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

Hi Sercan,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community. 

Here is an article that shows you how to translate your customer portal: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/05/translate-your-customer-portal 

And here is a quick translation from Dutch to English of the types on your screenshot:

- Inlog problemen --> Login problems
- IP adres vrijgeven --> Release IP address
- E-mail adres toevoegen --> Add email address

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

@Sercan Yazici : if you can't see the menu under Project settings > Language support you might not have the right permissions on the project or in your Jira instance. 

You should also be able to find the different request types under Project settings.

Cheers,

Peter

i have found the project settings for the type of request. Unfortunately I don't have language support in the menu. Does it require also a different role (even if I see the project settings)?

project settings menu.png

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

What version of Jira/JSM do you use? 

Jira v8.20.10

JIRA Service Management Application v4.20.10

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

That looks like the Project settings of a regular project, not a Service Desk project. 
Are you sure you're looking in the right project?

Excuse me, I am now on the correct page and seeing the option for language support. I see the different request types.

Now I need to translate the select list (single choice) as shown in the screenshot in my question. I cannot find this section

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

It looks like those are the names of the request types, so you'll need to look for request type names or something similar. 

I currently don't have a working project I can quickly check to give you more detailed feedback. 

Take some time to click through things and you should be able to find it.

I have found the connection between the request type and the custom field.

the custom field on the page https://URL/secure/admin/ViewCustomFields.jspa has the type "select list (single choice). when I edit the options I see the list in Dutch. there is no option for adding extra language for those options.

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Is "Type of Request" a select custom field? If yes, you can't translate its options using native Jira functionalities. You have to use the Translation for Jira Service Management app.

Sercan Yazici October 4, 2022

Hello Katarzyna,

it is a select custom field with single choice. Unfortunately we can't buy the license if that is the only solution.  Thank you for your time. I will check this with the sales team.

We’ve ended sales of new server licenses

As of February 2, 2021, you can no longer purchase new server licenses. Support for existing server licenses ends on February 15, 2024 PT.
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2022

Oh, I thought that you're on the data center :(

I know that maybe it's not the best solution but one time I see that someone created bi-lingual options:

Create request / Utwórz zgłoszenie --> the first part is in English, the second in Polish

It's saved like one option. You can also add "(EN)" / "(PL)" / etc. next to the option to help your customers.

Sercan Yazici October 4, 2022

Yes that is what I was thinking about. Using two languages or only English. Thank you very much for trying to give a work around.

0 votes

see the image

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Move to answer.

hello Peter,

I am unfortunately not able to find the drop down list and also not able to find the translation page. I can't see the menu language support.

First of all, how can I exactly find the project for the request type? The name of the request type is by example "scanapp". i found the request type id and the project id.

in which menu can i find the drop down list and translate the list? i looked at many places but didn't find anything about the list or any translation about a list i found for other projects.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events