Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set which transitions ALWAYS show in Workflow Dropdown?

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2018

So, I know that we can set the default number of transitions that show BEFORE the workflow dropdown and I also know that we can change the order in which the transitions show. But, let's say I have A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K for all possible transitions. A-D are transition BUTTONS and E-K get listed in the Workflow DROPDOWN. Ok great, I know how to do that by setting the default buttons to 4 and then setting the order for the rest of the transitions. But currently, if an agent does not have access to transition C then A, B, D, and E are the transition buttons and the rest are in the dropdown as follows.

Is there a way we can stop the automatic "pushing" of transitions to buttons when someone doesn't have access to a certain transition? If the previous agent does not have access to transition C then I would still like the buttons to stay A, B, and D, and then the dropdown still start with E instead of pushing E to be a button. Can we set which specific transitions show in the dropdown? I would like E-K to ALWAYS appear in the dropdown list and then A-D appear as transition buttons whether it's two or four that show. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2018

I'm afraid not.  The bar is very simple, it shows X transitions from the list of transitions that the current user can use. 

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2018

Alright, thanks for the quick answer!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events