Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Default issue type Scheme?

kaur_joakit May 4, 2020

Hi!

I am struggling with removing issue type scheme. This seems impossible as I have googled and tried all possibilities i am aware of. 

The issue itself:

I did create issue type (standard) for one of our Projects in Jira SD. The new issue type was automatically attached with default issue type scheme and there is no way to remove the default one from the issue type and only use the specific customized scheme for specific project.

How to remove it? We are stuck here and this is kind of a blocker, as we need to move on with this project. Its not acceptable to use customize default scheme as we will run into the same blocker with future projects also.

I do have a screenshot also:

https://i.gyazo.com/b9f722675383efd77d94662fe56de247.png

https://i.gyazo.com/0a6445e93b6944ddeefca4a443be3ca7.png

3 answers

1 vote
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2020

You need to create issue type schemes for your other three projects (or one for them to share) and then move them off the Default Issue Type Scheme

kaur_joakit May 4, 2020

Hi Phil!

Thanks for the response! What do you exactly mean by that?

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

Kaur, try to create new Issue Type Scheme, then you will be able to add required issue types to it. Then you can set this NEW issue type scheme in your projects configurations. I think this documentation is quite useful: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/associating-issue-types-with-projects-938847092.html

Let us know if you're stuck in some point.

Like PhilSpo likes this
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2020

Hi Kaur, exactly what Martin has just said!

1 vote
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2020

Hi,

Default Issue Type Scheme cannot be "unmapped" nor removed. It contains all the issue types created in Jira. I guess, it is here because this scheme is used for new projects by default (if the configuration is not copied from another project).

kaur_joakit May 4, 2020

Thank You for the response, but is there ever such possibility to unmap it from newly created issue type? I can see that there are lots of new issue types created by others which do not have default scheme mapped.

Like Pasag, Charmaine likes this
0 votes
filipeparedes February 23, 2023

One way to get rid of new issue types that get added automatically to the Default Issue Type Scheme is to call directly Jira's endpoint that updates this. Nasty trick but simple.
You will need at least 1 issue type to remain inside Default Issue Type Scheme, so we need to find its ID. Navigate to Issue Types > Edit the issue type you want to keep and find it's ID in the URL.

Navigate to Issue Type Schemes > Edit the Default Issue Type Scheme. F12 in your browser (Chrome or Edge at least) and open the Network tab. Click Save. You should find the http call to <yourjirahostname>\secure\admin\ConfigureOptionSchemes.jspa. Right-click on it and click in Copy > Copy as PowerShell.

Paste it in some editor and find the 2 places where you have the query string containing all issue types IDs as selected: ?selectedOptions=10215&selectedOptions=10216&...
Replace this entire querystring with just one parameter with the ID you got from the issue type before. Example <yourjirahostname>\secure\admin\ConfigureOptionSchemes.jspa?selectedOptions=10215

Execute the script to make the call to Jira with just 1 selected issue type. Refresh the Jira page with the Issue Type Schemes and magic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events