Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the "Approver" user to set as the reporter of a new issue (and email list)

Calvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2024

Hi all,

Having trouble with automations for approvals. Basically when a ticket has been approved, I want to get that approver create a task, add them as a reporter and send an email to all other approvers that xxx has approved this ticket.

I can create the task and add the user id fine. But I just can't seem to get the "approver" or get the automation to trigger once an approver is in place.

Best I could do was use an automation that gets the initator that moves the issue through the approved transistion. But that will happen at the same time as I want this automation to run. And no-matter where I put re-fetch, I still can't seem to get that value.

Cheers!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2024

Dear @Calvin ,

Did you try it using the trigger condition "Issue Transition". Could you please provide more information on your automation?

Regards,

Vijay

Calvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2024

Thanks for the message Vijay, I did try the issue transistion, but I still can't seem to collect the "Approver" person at that time. It comes out as empty, even when trying to re-fetch the data.

The automation I'm looking for is once a user has approved a ticket

To get that user that approved the ticket (though JSMs approval functionality).

Create a task and add them as the reporter.

And send an email to the full list of approvers that xxx approved the ticket.

Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2024

There is a smart value {{initiator}} which you can use.

For automation rules, the smart value {{initiator}} is the user who perform the action that triggered the rule.  For example, if I transition an issue on the board, my user information would be in {{initiator}} if the rule is triggered on Issue Transitioned.

You can set the reporter field to {{initiator}}.

Hope this helps !

Vijay

Like Calvin likes this
Calvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2024

Thanks Vijay. I think I was so so fixated in pulling the {{initator}} saved by another automation to a custom field (as the source of truth field), I didn't think to just grab it again. This is much simpler, thank you.

Like Vijay Dadi likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events