Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change names from clients in Jira

Lynn van Dooren June 7, 2021

Hello dear community! 

I am using Jira standard and Atlas CRM plugin. I am noticing that some client's names don't start with a capital. I would like to change that for them but for some reason, that function is blocked. I do have admin right. 

Is anyone known with this problem, how do you edit the names of contacts in the client list? 

Love to hear and thank you in advance! 

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-07 142131.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elise Beer June 7, 2021

Hi @Lynn van Dooren

This is because it is a synced user. The name and email address of synced contacts are synchronized with the user or customer. This means that when the user or customer updates their name or email address, the contact will automatically be updated as well. It is not possible to edit the name and email address of synced contacts through Atlas CRM. These fields are locked by Atlas CRM to prevent changes to user accounts, which can cause problems to users during login. If you do want to change the name and/or email address of a synced contact, you will have to update the Jira user in your account.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Elise

0 votes
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

Hello @Lynn van Dooren ,

If this is plugin related, I would suggest to contact directly support of the plugin vendor, to be sure you have the correct answer.

However, I suppose it is tied with Atlassian account and you cannot change that - the user has to change that by himself in their profile.

Adam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events