How to assign assets to a particular user automatically

Risikanta Pradhan March 29, 2023

How to assign assets to a particular user automatically

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023
To assign assets to a particular user automatically in Jira Service Management, you can use automation rules. First, make sure that the Assets feature is enabled and that the field for the asset object is set up. Then, create an automation rule that triggers when an issue is created or updated with the relevant asset information. Within the automation rule, add an action that assigns the asset to a specific user or group using the "Assign issue" action. You can also customize the criteria for when the rule should trigger based on various conditions. For example, you might want the rule to only apply to certain types of requests or issues with specific asset types.
Risikanta Pradhan April 4, 2023

Hi @Riley Venable ,

Thanks for the reply, actually  I want the solution of "asset" assign not the "issue" assign because previously I assigned it manually in the object schema but I need an automate rule for  more than one assets is  assigning as the behalf on the "Last User" which is in the assets.

Thanks, and Regards

Risikanta Pradhan

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events