Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign SLA to customers

Marco_Artioli November 3, 2023

I would assign SLA to customers. Either SLA and customers have been created.

It seems I can't see any action to do that in customer page.

Is customer page the correct one to do this action?

image.png

4 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2023

@Marco_Artioli -

SLA control and setup are for your project teams and it is not for customers.  Therefore, you cannot assign SLA to customers.

By definition of SLA -  so teams can track how well they're meeting the level of service expected by their customers.

I am sure that you already know how to setup/config SLAs, just in case if you need further reference - here is the documentation link - https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-service-level-agreements-slas/

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Marco_Artioli November 7, 2023

Hi, 

I found solution setting organization using JQL within SLA.

Thanks

Marco

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 4, 2023

Hello @Marco_Artioli ,

I guess you want to define SLAs based on who the customer of a given ticket is.

In that case, first, the customer has to be represented on your issues in some way. For example, you can create a Select List field named "Customer", put all possible customer names as options for this field, add this field to your tickets, and make sure all tickets have a value for this field.

After that, you can set multiple goals for your SLA metrics. For example, you create a Response Time metric and set goals like below:

If customer=A then Goal = 4 hr
If customer=B then Goal = 8 hr
If customer=C then Goal = No Goal

Hope this helps.

EmreT

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2023

Hi @Marco_Artioli,

Try also our Great Gadgets app. It is free for up-to 10 users and offers many gadgets that allows you to track the SLA. 

For your need, you could use the Control Chart gadget for tracking the SLA of the issues from a specific customer. The gadget will calculate and display the average SLA for that customer and you can set a maxim Threshold (representing the customer SLA). Once you set the threshold, the issues that breached the SLA will appear in chart in red-color.

image.png

This way you can have a gadget for each customer, each customer with its own SLA (threshold).

The gadget offers also a Data tab with nice report showing the SLA for each issue as well as the average SLA. 

The Data tab showing the issues along with their cycle time

This app offers many other gadgets for tracking projects in Jira Service Management. You could build tracking dashboard for each customer. 

See this article from our blog for how to do it: An effective dashboard for Service Desk and Customer Support teams in Jira Service Management.

If you need help, please contact us at support@stonikbyte.com. 

Danut.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events