Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I check settings for outbound communication to clients?

Heather Smith May 3, 2020

We use Jira Service desk to communicate with our customers.   The customer is registered as the reporter on the ticket.  We are getting an increasing number of customers who don't receive our "reply to customer" comms from the ticket. But we can reach them without fail from Outlook.   

what do I check?

where do I check it?

Is anyone else having this problem? 

Many thanks

2 answers

0 votes
PhilSpo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2020

Hello Heather,

Have you set your default email account up in outlook (the address that's sending the emails)?

You can then go into the account and check to see if there are items in the 'Sent Items' folder. If they arent there we know its a Jira issue, if they are there then some email issue.

Once you know where the fault lies, you can start investigating.

Phil

Heather Smith May 12, 2020

Hi Phil, 

Thank you. No it was not set up in outlook and when I just tried to set it up it failed.   

The email is  maiao0@maiatechnology.atlassian.net.. so maybe that is not compatible with outlook or do I need to choose pop or imap instead of outlook in the advanced settings of add account in outlook? 

If I bring up the POP screen  in outlook it asks for the below information, where do I find the details that it is asking for? 

Capture jira sd 1 POP.JPG

If I choose IMAP it asks for these, no idea where in Service desk to locate whats needed. 

Capture jira sd 2 IMAP.JPG

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2020

Hi Heather,

I would suggest running a quick test. I use a test account, e.g. a gmail account set up as a customer to create an issue and then add replies. Also check the setting on Customer Notifications.

Heather Smith May 3, 2020

Thanks Jack... but I already know it's not working..

so in asking what to check and how to check.. I'm asking what are the settings I need to check and what should the settings be in order for the out bound communications to work properly. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events