Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable two factor for Jira Service Management for Customer Access (Cloud 2023)

Dr S February 11, 2023

I have purcased Jira Service Management to handle issues that my customers may have with my products. I have added several customers to the system and started handling issues. Today one customer asked me why he was not prompted with two factor identification when he tried to log in to the Jira Service Management customer portal. I had no good answer, and I have tried to look into all settings but I can not find any place where I can activate it.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me and my company. If there is no two factor identification for my customers then I may have to find an alternative to Jira Service Management..

Where can I active two factor for my customers?

Authentication policies:

Authentication Policies.png

Identitiy providers:

Identity providers.png

Login as a customer to Help Center does not ask for two factor:

Login1.png

Even the customer himself cannot set two factor at their profile:

Profile as Customer.png

2 answers

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2023

@Dr S -

I agreed with what @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- suggested.  For JSM, customers (external) accounts are controlled not by your JSM env, but it is controlled by by themselves.

The only thing I can think that you may want to look at Atlassian Access - https://www.atlassian.com/software/access where your uses your own IDP for user accounts to control access to your Atlassian products (Cloud).  This means that all users accounts are created in your own IDPs and controlled by your own IDPs.

Hope this also give you some ideas.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2023
Dr S February 11, 2023

This does not apply for customers using Jira Service Management. It only applies to my working staff.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2023

Correct, their accounts belong to them, not you, you can't inflict 2FA on other people's accounts.

Dr S February 12, 2023

Even the customers cannot add two factor on their own account. I have tried to create test customer account that I have logged into, and there are no options to set two factor.

Profile as Customer.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events